This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid administrative leave?

Iím a childcare site director in Washington State for a non-profit. Last week I received notice from my executive director that I had been accused of child abuse and I was being put on administrative leave without pay. My employer said that Iím still an employee, but until CPS concludes the case, which could take 90 days, I cannot work in any administrative or clerical position.

Can they keep me in this loop? Can I request unemployment benefits in this situation? Should I look into any legal action? When my innocence is proven what compensation can I expect?

1. Yes. There is no law limiting the amount of time you can be on such an administrative leave.

2. Assuming you are on unpaid leave, you can file. Whether or not you would be granted benefits, though, I wouldn't begin to be able to form an opinion.

3. Legal action for what? No law has been violated at this point.

4. Again, this is not an area addressed by law. Most companies will pay back wages for the time you were on unpaid leave, but they aren't required to. Realize, however, that if you are paid back wages, any UI benefits you may receive will have to be repaid.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

duplicate thread - see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228885.

Please post your question only once - thanks.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

thanks for your prompt answer.

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
        1. Yes. There is no law limiting the amount of time you can be on such an administrative leave.

2. Assuming you are on unpaid leave, you can file. Whether or not you would be granted benefits, though, I wouldn't begin to be able to form an opinion.

3. Legal action for what? No law has been violated at this point.

4. Again, this is not an area addressed by law. Most companies will pay back wages for the time you were on unpaid leave, but they aren't required to. Realize, however, that if you are paid back wages, any UI benefits you may receive will have to be repaid.

Comment

Working...
        X