This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employment verification? Washington

What do I do about a former co-worker giving false and downright lying about my former job when called about a work refernece?

Was this your supervisor? Or HR? If not, how does the prospective employer know to ask for this person?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Did you list this person as a reference?
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

This was another employee who responded to a regular customer (who also happened to be my personal DR). My sister in law was also in the store when she responded to his queston of where I was and overheard the entire response from her.

There is a STRICT company rule about refering employment questions, comments, and refernece checks to HR. This was not followed as you can see.

Comment

No I did not list this person as a reference. Even if I did the company rule is to refer ALL inqueries to HR.

Comment

I'm confused. It sounds like you're saying an employee said something about you to a customer. How is this a "reference"?
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Someone called the store for a reference on me. The Dr. overheard the convorsation the employee on the phone as well as my sister in law. They both asked me about it telling me what she had said. The employee stated after hanging up that it was "another reference check" then stated derogatory comments about me to the Dr., repeating what she had just told the company who had called. The Dr. asked if it was about me specifically and again got the same comments after the employee confirmed it was about me. The employee was NOT my supervisor and the company policy is to refer ALL inqueries to HR. She CLEARLY violated company policy. What I want to know is what can be done about it?

Comment

You can report it to the company. This is an internal matter.
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
                X