This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer editing lunch times Washington

My employer edits my time for the day when i dont get the chance to take lunch. They tell me that our time clock program automatically takes one hour for lunch everyday when we dont clock out... we are given the option to talk 30min or 1 hour for lunch. But there are days that i am so slammed with paperwork and other things that I dont get the chance to go, or dont have anyone to re-leave my position so i can go. But no matter what they take and hour if i dont clock out and go.. I do my best to make sure i get at least 30 min. But i feel like they are screwing me out of alot of time, cause im not getting paid for being there. Not sure what they are allowed to do on this.

It seems per this post & your other post you are a non-exempt employee.

You must be paid for all hours/time worked. Your employer can discipline you for not taking the required lunch breaks but you still have to be paid for the time if you worked it.

You can put in a wage claim/complaint with your state's DOL.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X