Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you define who you are refering to when you say "they"... is it the company that is paying your paycheck or is it the company in whose physical presence you are working at?

Comment

To clarify, Company A hired Company B (the, for lack of a better word, "temp agency"). Company B is the one who issues me a paycheck and calls me an "independent contractor". Company B also takes all applicable taxes and so forth out of my paycheck.

Comment

Look at the information on the DOL webpage I referenced but "Company B" (aka your employer) is either lying to you or is seriously confused. There is a 99.999% chance that you are their employee. Everything you need to know about employees v. IC is on that webpage.

Just to be clear however, so far you have said nothing that indicates that there are any legal problems with the benefit handling. (Not that there could not be problems, just that what you have said so far does not indicate this).
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Is it company A or company B or both that refers to you as an independent contractor?

Comment

Working...
          X