Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the thing, I'm not trying to be vengeful. It's just the best wording I could use.

She has been like this, always will be, and we've all talked to her on many occasions where she doesn't admit to her mistakes.

So I wanted someone who can do something about it to talk to her.

I really can't do anything myself, I just need some kind of authority and I am really angry about the "parking lot" incident.

Comment

I don't see where you HAVE any authority. At this point, I'd chalk it up to her being an insensitive idiot and move forward. Stewing over it isn't going to help.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I really can't do anything myself, I just need some kind of authority and I am really angry about the "parking lot" incident. I take it you mean you want to be able to cite some law to management that made what she did illegal and therefore they would have to reprimand her. I'm afraid there isn't one. Your manager is insentive, rude, and has a big mouth. That's not illegal.

Comment

I didn't say you screwed up by telling the manager. I simply said that information that you yourself provide is not covered under HIPAA. That doesn't mean you were wrong to tell her.

Of course, not all employers are covered by HIPAA anyway. We don't know if yours is or not. It's possible that the whole thing is a moot question. however, we can say that IF the employer is covered, HIPAA does not apply in your situation.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X