This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pay Check Washington

I got fired on the 5th of October for asking to leave 2 hours before my shift was over. The manager said it was okay and I will see you tomorrow. The next day the owner fires me because I left them with no lead teachers to cover my 2 hours. I've had a good reputation at the company with co-workers and customers. On the 8th of October the owner writes a letter to all the parents saying that I decided to leave for personnal reasons and I will be missed. I was so insulting and frustrated. I usually get payed once a month on the 10th. I drove 4 blocks from my house to the school only to find out that they decided to put my check in the mail. And since I only live 4 blocks away the post office said I should have received it on the 12th at the latest. Never got my paycheck on the 12th, today is the 16th and still no paycheck and my bills are due. The owner will not return my phone calls and refuses to talk to me. I don't know why.

help
    Last edited by Lidiane; 10-16-2007, 10:09 AM.

What was the pay period for the check that should have been dated the 10th?

I would continue trying to reach the employer. However, I will say that, in my many years in payroll, the standard time for replacement of a mailed check not received is 7 calendar days.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Last month. If I don't receive my paycheck on the 17th of the month would it be my right to call and ask them to make a new pay check, and should I report to the Department of Labor and Industry that they refuse to give 10min breaks on a 8hr shift? I was told that the owner likes to withold payment from paychecks, we put our hours on time cards, do I have the right to ask to receive my time cards to verify the hours?
      Last edited by Lidiane; 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

OK, so you're looking for the pay for the month of September that was payable October 10, correct? Did the employer say what their standard "wait time" was from the time mailed until the time they would process a stop payment and reissue?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Correct to the first question. And no, they haven't answered my phone calls but I have left msgs with the owner telling her I haven't received my paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lidiane View Post
            Correct to the first question. And no, they haven't answered my phone calls but I have left msgs with the owner telling her I haven't received my paycheck.
            I'd say that you should wait at least 2 weeks before panicking. In the meantime, unfortunately, the employer isn't responsible for your bills. Sorry.
            Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Working...
            X