This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Options Washington Need Help!!!

So I work for X company as a reciever, I was accused of loosing invoices. Which is not true. I did sign for them but from there it goes into a box that all the invoices go into and then the accountant takes them and inputs them to be paid. Anyway They accused me with no real evadince or proof that i lost them. Just because I signed for them doens't mean that I just set them down and lost the invoice. There are about 5-10 other people that can take invoices out of the box to look at any one of them could have taken the invoices and lost them. I'm on final notice which means I can get fired for pretty much anything. So what i'm wondering is what are my options the accusations are fales and I'm being accued of something that I know for a fact I did not do. Not to mention the supervisor kind of caught me off guard with 2 other people in the room so it was 3 agenst me and he pretty much said I should put in my two weeks rather than getting fired. This is the 2nd time he has said that I should put in my two weeks. In all reality is there really anything I can do leaglly? I'm tired of this and him i feel like he has it out for me and has since i started. I guess its because I'm not pressured into his scar tactics. I'm half tempted to get a lawyer but I don't know what good that would do.

They are not a court of law and are not required to have proof. You signed for the invoices; the invoices are not where they are supposed to be.

A wrongful termination does not mean that you are fired for something you did not do; it means you are fired for a reason prohibited by law. Suspicion of losing invoices, even if the company is mistaken, is not a prohibited reason.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

So what your saying is i'm pretty much screwed then?

Comment

Yep,

Is there any way that you can retain the invoices untill the accountant picks them up? Any complaints at this juncture would be pointless since you are basically on probation and they would be seen as retalitory.
        Or, can you have someone else initial the invoices as you place them in the box? Can you photocopy all of your invoices and keep them in a seperate file so that you can prove you had turned them in?

Is the box under surveilance?
        What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
        what is heard is not always what is spoken!
        ~M. Noitall~

Comment

The inbox is in a room with the accountant so they would have seen me put them in the box. It would take too long to copy all the invoices we get around 100-200 per day. what my point is, is that anyone can come into the room and take the invoices to look at ie buyers ect. and they could not bring them back. the invoices are signed and timestamped, so some how our copies got lost and the seller sent them to us with my sig and the time stamp. So they accued me of loosing the invoices. I'm just trying to see what my options are. The manager has had it out for me since i started he has called me in to the office once before and said i should put my two weeks in i believe it was about 6 months ago this time I was aksing for my review to get a raise he kept puting it off until I got called into the office this time and said that I had missing invoices and that I could either put in my two weeks or get a final notice. The final notice stats on my record until 6 months then it goes away. But in the mean time they can fire me for pretty much anything.

Comment

The office does have 2 cameras out side but god only knows if management has them pointed anywhere. But there are some cameras in the back room. I'm guessing that they are pointed at the loading dock and back door to see people coming and going and not pointed at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by rcpilot View Post
              Is there any way that you can retain the invoices untill the accountant picks them up?
              If you are going to be held accountable for something that is being turned over to someone else, get that other person to sign for the items.
              Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

I would if I could that's not part of the recievers job we check in product and sign & Time stamp the invoice

Comment

Don't quit

Find another job, then on your last day go to the presedents office and air your grievances and quit.
                  What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
                  what is heard is not always what is spoken!
                  ~M. Noitall~

Comment

Originally posted by TSWG00 View Post
                    I would if I could that's not part of the recievers job we check in product and sign & Time stamp the invoice
                    Then your company needs a change in procedures.

We have folks that take custody of property and every single time it goes from one hand to another, there are two signatures -- one from the person holding the property now and one for the person receiving it.
                    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

yeah i know something needs to change. I guess finding out from someone that I have to get writen up 3 times before I go on final notice. They skipped the 2 other times for me and just put me on the final notice lol. Tomorrow I'm going to get a copy of all my write ups and go to the main HR person and have a talk with them to see what I can do about this. From what I hear there are a lot of people getting writen up for missing invoices now. Even though its not their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by TSWG00 View Post
                        I guess finding out from someone that I have to get writen up 3 times before I go on final notice..
                        Three warnings is "normal," but most company policies allow exceptions. Even if they don't, you cannot count on a company violating its own policies to keep your job. It MIGHT help you with unemployment. Might.

Comment

It might not save my job but maybe just maybe it will change policy because that's just stupid to blame me when it left my hands just because i signed of it. I could see if it was a product that never came but an invoice. I mean the accountant could have miss placed it or a buyer could have grabed the invoice to take a look at it and never bring it back. I'm not trying to get back at the company in no means I'm looking else where now becuase the **** is going to hit the fan soon. I myself jus think its dumb to blame the reciever when in reality it could have been anyone who lost the invoice(s)

Comment

Working...
                          X