This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misappropriation of funds? Washington Washington

A company that booked an event with my convention center sent a sum of $2,400 to my employer. Along with these funds were instructions that this money was to be divided between employees who had been a part of the food service provided during their function as well as a specific list of names of the workers that were intended to received this bonus. My employer, instead of returning the money or even throwing it into the tip pool applied it to the company party funds. We are not required to pay for our Christmas party (which is held at work with food prepared by our employer) and most of us, including myself do not attend. It is a party that is given for all departments, not just food service. I do not think it fair that only those employees singled out for excellent service should have to contribute funds to the Christmas party and would rather the money was returned with a letter stating that tips are not allowed. Isn't this dishonest to the point of illegal for my employers to apply this money (from a company which has already given them a 20% service fee as part of the original bill)to a purpose other than specified?

There is nothing in the law that is going to force your employer to comply with the client's request. Nor require the company to let you attend the party for free. Sorry.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

How does that link bolster the employee's claim? Again, there is no wage and hour law that is going to REQUIRE the employer "pass through" this additional amount paid by the client no matter how you slice it.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X