This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Payment of implied Bonus Washington

My employers gave me goals for generating revenue in 2006. I have me the first goal and the second goal is not far behind - However I feel that my employer does not want to follow through with his end of the bargain. Unfortunately, it is not in writing but has been discussed several times with the ownership group.

Do I have recourse??

Not based on what you feel might happen.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Bonus Issue

I don't understand what you mean. Or, what if they do not or cannot pay the bonus money that they had offered me verbally.

Comment

OP, you said you "feel like". That's a "might happen". Then again, it might not.

Whether the "verbal promise" rises to the level of an enforceable promise (contractual agreement), only an attorney in your state familiar with contracts and employment law would be able to advise you.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Okay, let me try again.

You cannot take legal action based on what you think they might do. Until they ACTUALLY do not pay you, you have no case for anything. And even if they don't, you still are going to have to get a local attorney's opinion as to whether or not they were actually legally bound to pay it; that's something we can't address here.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X