This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do commission draws have to be paid back... Washington

I am considering a sales position with a low base and a very high commision draw. I asked if worst case came about and I did not make any sales ($1M equipment sales) and left the company after 6mo or a year or whenver - would I owe the commission draw back to the company? I did not get a firm answer - they said they do not go after the money, but they think they are legally owed it if they were to persue.
    I will certainly get it in writing either way - but does anyone know if there is a legal right to get repayment?
    Thanks

Originally posted by iyv View Post
    they said they do not go after the money, but they think they are legally owed it if they were to persue.
    I will certainly get it in writing either way - but does anyone know if there is a legal right to get repayment?
    Thanks
    Don't work for that company!

While it depends on how the commission plan is worded, the fact that they are squirlley about repayment of the draw would make me nervous.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X