This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment? Virginia

Hello everyone! I had a simple question regarding unemployment. If a company lays you off for approx 6-8 months and states they will rehire you when the work load picks back up. My question is if you get rehired will you start over as far as senority and vacation time is concerned? meaning starting as if you have never worked there before? Also anyone know how long you can collect unemployment for? This is for my sister who is getting ready to get laid off with her company within the following week and she has a few questions, I've tried looking online but unable to find anything out. Thank you so much!

Whether she will be rehired with prior seniority or not is either a decision of the company when she returns, or it may be spelled out in a severance letter or if she is in a union, it will be part of the collective bargaining agreement.

The law does not address this issue.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My question is if you get rehired will you start over as far as senority and vacation time is concerned? meaning starting as if you have never worked there before? This is entirely a matter of the employer's policy. Your sister needs to ask her employer about this.

Comment

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll let her know, shes been asking questions with her job and is unable to find out anything. They won't tell them nothing right now, I do know she is not union and no mention of severence packages has been said. so hopefully i guess she will soon find out !

Comment

Working...
        X