No announcement yet.

Vermont Safe and Healthful Workplace Labor Law

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vermont Safe and Healthful Workplace Labor Law

    You have the right to notify your employer or UOSH about workplace hazards. You may ask UOSH to keep your name confidential.

    You have the right to request a UOSH inspection if you believe that there are unsafe and unhealthful
    conditions in your workplace. You or your representative may participate in the inspection.

    You can file a complaint with UOSH within 30 days of discrimination by your employer for making safety and health complaints or for exercising your rights under the UOSH Act.

    You have a right to see UOSH citations issued to your employer. Your employer must post the citations at or near the place of the alleged violation. You may request an informal review of the abatement period granted to the employer.

    Your employer must correct workplace hazards by the date indicated on the citation and must certify that these hazards have been reduced or eliminated.

    You have the right to copies of your medical records or records of your exposure to toxic and harmful substances or conditions.