X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is My Recourse Utah

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
    Since you were discharged, your final pay was due within 24 hours.

Regarding accrued vacation, it is considered "wages" (which would mean it must be paid with your final pay) if it is owed under a "written employment agreement or employer policy".

When do they say they will have your check ready for you?
    As you stated pay is due within 24 hours of being discharged, what is the "punishment" for the company if they do not pay me within 24 hours. Also as this was posted years ago, is this still the current law for 2013?

MasterAsterix, you added your question to another poster's old thread. You should have started your own new thread. I will start one for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

34-28-5
      (a)Payment upon Separation from Employment
      Employees who are fired, discharged, terminated, or laid off -
      An employer must pay an employee who has been discharged or laid off all wages due within 24 hours of the termination. Utah Code 34-28-5

(b) (i) In case of failure to pay wages due an employee within 24 hours of written demand, the wages of the employee shall continue from the date of demand until paid, but in no event to exceed 60 days, at the same rate that the employee received at the time of separation.

(ii) The employee may recover the penalty thus accruing to the employee in a civil action. This action shall be commenced within 60 days from the date of separation.

(iii) An employee who has not made a written demand for payment is not entitled to any penalty under Subsection (1)(b).
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X