This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage

Hello, I have been working at my job for almost 2 yrs now. My job entails driving around to certain grocery stores and doing resets on grocery sections. When I was hired my employer informed me that I would be using my own vehicle and they payed me for my travel time, minus the frist half hour that we drove, and payed 35 cents per mile, minus the first 30 miles. We recently picked up some new work doing the same thing but in defferent stores And my boss says that they can't pay us mileage or drive time for for these stores, but will resume paying us regularly when we are done with this "project". Is that legal to cut that out when I was hired under different pay standards?

Tanya, you should have started your own new thread & not added your question to another poster's thread from 2005. I will move your thread/question into its own new thread. You posted your question in the Utah labor law forum. If Utah is not your state, please let us know.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Mileage reimbursement is not required under Utah or federal law. If you have some agreement (hopefully written) that says you will be paid it, you may have a breach of contract issue, for which an attorney could help.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Drive time might be required by law, depending on the exact details. The related federal law (FLSA) regulations are 29 CFR 785.33 - 785.41. You will need to read everyone of the regulations although it is likely that you will find a specific regulations that you feel speaks to your situation.
        http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.33.htm

As stated, there are exactly two states that as a matter of law require mileage reimbursement, neither of which is your state. As stated, you may or may not have a contract law claim here. Like any other potential contract law claim that is a "talk to a local attorney" type of solution. Contract law claims always are very specific to the exact wording of the contract.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
        X