This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food per diem requirement in Utah? Utah

My husband and his plumbing crew have been living in Park City now for almost 2 months, with a month still to go. They have been receiving $20.00/day per diem from their employer. And time and a half for the overtime hours worked. (They are working 14 hours a day, 5 days a week)
    My questions are these:

A. Is there a law that requires the company to pay the employees a food allowance? If so, what is the amount required?

B. Is there a law stating how many hours of overtime is too many? (That sounds goofy but I couldn't think of a better way to state it.) Or a law stating how much should be paid for overtime hours worked? (ie. time and a half, etc) ? I ask this because the men on the crew are worn out doing physical labor after 10 hours, but 14 hours?!? Its killing them. they go back to their hotel fall asleep and wake up the next morning to do it again.

Thank you for your time.

A. No, there is no such law.

B. Only two states limit the amount of overtime an employee can be required to work and Utah is neither of them.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X