This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Training in Utah

I signed a contract with a past employer for a monthly salary plus commission. In the term of the contract it states that the term begins upon the signing date of the contract. After my first month with the employer however, he refused to pay me stating that I was in a "training period". This continued for several months even though I was required to do certain things such as complete research reports on competitors and represent the company at trade shows.

My question:

Am I entitled to the salary as stated in the contract, or can my employer withhold payment for these "training" months. It states nothing about training in the contract.

Only an attorney versed in contract/employment law who has read the entire document can properly advise you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your help PattyMD. If I took the contract to the Utah Labor Commission would they also be able to help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
        Thanks for your help PattyMD. If I took the contract to the Utah Labor Commission would they also be able to help me?
        I doubt it. They aren't attorneys.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X