This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting/overtime/appeals Utah

I recently quit my job of almost 2 years. I left because I had all I could take of rude/mean comments. He is known to be very rude. Being called stupid. Asking me what is wrong with me if things aren't to his liking, or if he doesn't want to fess us that he did something wrong. Asking me if I know how to read, etc. etc. I filed for unemployment and was denied. Anybody know of anything I can do? Do you really have to put up with all this nonsense even at the cost of your sanity? He never paid me time and half and my boyfriend says I should say something about his comments of why I didn't wear mini skirts any longer at work, and some other stuff, but quiet honestly, I am embarrassed.
    I have already contacted Wage and Hourly Commis and filed a complaint, but at the rate things are going, it looks like he can get away with all this.

General rudeness and calling employees "stupid" is obviously not "right", but it isn't illegal. I'm assuming you were denied UI because you quit? It might be worth appealing (you have nothing to lose), using "working conditions were such that a reasonable person would have no option but to quit". It might work, it might not, but you'd be no worse off than you are now.

Was the claim you filed for unpaid overtime? How long ago did you file?

BTW, employers like this don't always "get away with" rude treatment. You are an example of an employee who won't put up with it and quit. That is your choice, of course, but I'll be you weren't the first and I'll bet you won't be the last at this company.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I was denied because I did quit. I did file an appeal as of today, and so I guess I will just have to wait and see.
      http://www.larcc.org/pamphlets/benef...n_quitting.htm
      According to the website I have every right to collect unemployment for his verbal attacks, but apparently utah unemployment does not think so.

I filed with the wage and hourly commission about a week ago and I am waiting to hear from them also.

Comment

A week is nothing. Depending on where you claim falls in the priority of all the claims the DOL has (nonpayment of overtime is going to be lower in the priority than failure to pay wages altogether), it may be weeks. Or months, sorry to say.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X