This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Fired when do i get Paid!! Utah

I just recently got fired. i was wondering when are they by law required to have my Last check and do they have to pay Vacation time. their resion was i was late too much.

Since you were discharged, your final pay was due within 24 hours.

Regarding accrued vacation, it is considered "wages" (which would mean it must be paid with your final pay) if it is owed under a "written employment agreement or employer policy".

When do they say they will have your check ready for you?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Recived check is it enough?

I just recieved my last check and it is from a 'operating accout' and has Final paycheck listed it doesn't have any of my vacation time on it are they supposed to pay me for the vacation time i have?

Comment

Under Utah law, vacation pay is only due at termination if required by company policy or contract.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

As I said, accrued vacation is due if "it is owed under a written employment agreement or employer policy". If there is such a written agreement or employer policy, then yes, it was due and you can file a claim for unpaid vacation wages with the state Dept. of Labor. If neither exists then, no, they don't have to pay you.

What does the company policy say about the payout of accrued vacation at termination?
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thankyou

Thankyou but i have reviewed the employee handbook and they had it listed that the vacation time is owned by the company and is not paid out at termination thankyou for your help

Comment

quit 12 days ago and now they want me to sign a termination contract

When i quit 12 days ago (without notification) no one called and still havent , until now , and instead of calling , they sent a letter of temination contract in which they want me to sign in order to receive my last pay check , do i have to sign this?

Comment

Working...
              X