This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job requirement changes Utah

My employer changed the requirements of my position within months of being hired. New requirements do not work for me due to extent of travel. What rights to I have as a new employee? Any advice on managing my departure from the firm?

Unless you were working under a bona fide, enforcement contract that set out your terms of employment and working conditions, based on the very few details that you've shared, what has occurred is not illegal. Brush up the resume and give the standard notice. Not all jobs work out.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You may also be eligible to collect unemployment despite the fact that you voluntarily resign. In such cases, the burden would simply fall to you to demonstrate that you quit with good cause attributable to the employer.

In this instance, you could argue that the unilateral change in your job duties caused or would cause an undue detriment to you and you would not have taken the position if such policy existed at the time of hire. However, before taking the extraordinary step of resigning, you must be able to demonstrate that you made every and all reasonable steps to preserve your employment.

In other words, perhaps there is some room for negotiation with the employer and/or the possibility of transfer.

Comment

Working...
      X