This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job not worth it !!!

I've decided to put in my two week resignation notice tomorrow. I loved my job and my job loved me !!! But my boss continues to retaliate against/harass me in so many ways that are well documented and witnessed. At home I obsess about it and neglect my family. Life is too short to be so miserable. My question is should I write any details in my resignation letter or should I just make it short and professional. What will help me most in the long run if I decide to seek a civil action & personal injury action(anxiety disorder that I never had until her harassment and still ongoing psychotherapy) against my soon-to-be ex-boss?

I do know that it is very difficult to prevail in a case for mental stress. I'll let someone else more knowledgeable in this area address that particular question.

Having said that, however, my recommendation is just to be professional in the letter. "I have decided to pursue other opportunities at this time." You're not dissing the employer, but you're not completely writing off any possible (though unlikely) further legal action because you have been silent in this letter.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Bridge Burning

SalliJo,

I know the temptation to unload on a soon to be former employer is a strong one. I operated for years on the assumption that one burned one's bridges to light the way to the next job. I must say that age and some of the bumps have combined to teach me that I should have been more circumspect.

It's always acceptable to be professional and short winded in parting. Anything you put in a letter of resignation will be for you, and will have nothing to do with any civil action you may undertake. As Patty says, a simple explanation will suffice. I've always preferred, when asked for a reason for resignation, to say "I prefer not to work here anymore".

Comment

PAthetic

Originally posted by SalliJo View Post
        I've decided to put in my two week resignation notice tomorrow. I loved my job and my job loved me !!! But my boss continues to retaliate against/harass me in so many ways that are well documented and witnessed. At home I obsess about it and neglect my family. Life is too short to be so miserable. My question is should I write any details in my resignation letter or should I just make it short and professional. What will help me most in the long run if I decide to seek a civil action & personal injury action(anxiety disorder that I never had until her harassment and still ongoing psychotherapy) against my soon-to-be ex-boss?

I must say that you are what is wrong with America. Your only chance of achieving anything is to waste your time and energy with figuring out how to sue your previous employer. It's obvious that you are miserable at your job because your boss doens't have time for idiots. Perhaps if you could muster the self control to deal with a difficult boss you wouldn't be collecting unemployment making barley enough to pay for food and rent. If you are that miserable at your job I suggest you dedicate your time and energy to future endeavors on how to be successful. Not figuring out how to get a free check from someone else who actually has a job and has the ability to deal with complex issues unlike yourself.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by belikenick View Post
          I must say that you are what is wrong with America. Your only chance of achieving anything is to waste your time and energy with figuring out how to sue your previous employer. It's obvious that you are miserable at your job because your boss doens't have time for idiots. Perhaps if you could muster the self control to deal with a difficult boss you wouldn't be collecting unemployment making barley enough to pay for food and rent. If you are that miserable at your job I suggest you dedicate your time and energy to future endeavors on how to be successful. Not figuring out how to get a free check from someone else who actually has a job and has the ability to deal with complex issues unlike yourself.

belikenick, please do not respond to old postings,
          this one is over sex years old.

..______________~ A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Comment

belikenick, please do not respond to old dead threads - this thread is from 2006. Thanks.

Will close thread. (2006)
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X