This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartender Tip Out- Texas

Hi, I work (although hopefully not for much longer) at a family-owned restaurant in Texas. As a bartender (although this applies to servers as well), part of our tips are taken out and given to people who help us throughout our shift, like bussers. The servers also tip out bartenders since we make their drinks. I have no problem with any this (like I said, these people help us a lot throughout our shifts), however, when I have tried to sit down with my employer to discuss how that money is divvied out (since my co-workers and I had noticed some various inconsistencies), they could not give me a clear answer. From the way they made it sound, part of that money was tipped out to the general manager. This sounds very sketchy to me, as it would seem the owners are making us pay the manager so that they don't have to pay him as much out of their pocket... Can you advise as to the legality of tipping out managers?

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      Duplicate post
      I didn't know which forum it would be most relevant on. Sorry if I violated some rule...

Comment

It's easier on the responders if you only post your question once. We're not too fussy about where the post goes, as long as there's some correlation between the topic and your thread. Thanks for understanding.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Responders, please see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=278359 &
          reply there. Thanks.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X