Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a unique question concerning mandatory overtime-Tx.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a unique question concerning mandatory overtime-Tx.

My son just recently aquired a job which requires them to do mandatory overtime. However, my question concerns HOW they require them to do this. They are REQUIRED to drive (this means over 40 miles from our house to the job site) up there and ask them personally if they are needed on their days off. He has asked if he could call up there instead, and they informed him he would not get the acknowledgement of checking in if he called in.
    Are there any laws concerning this issue? If he gets up there, and they don't need him, then he has "wasted" 80 miles worth of gas before he even gets his first pay check.
    Thank you.

lanietx, please start a new thread for your question, rather than attaching it to one that is over 3 years old.

Thank you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

a unique question concerning mandatory overtime- Tx.

Lanietx, I'll go ahead & start a new thread for your question this time.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Poor management and not respectful of the employees, but not illegal. There is no Texas law requiring compensation for showing up then being sent home. Nor is there any law in Texas requiring any reimbursement for gas or mileage. Sorry.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X