This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fired for misconduct?

I was terminated from a job worked less than two weeks. The final time I was sent into the employer's office was to tell me I had made a series of errors they had caught in time and just was not "fit for this type of work." A week before this happened, one of the employees told my supervisor that I had told one of the doctors he wasn't my boss and I didn't have to do his wishes. I was called in the office on this. I told the supervisor it was untrue but she would not talk to the doctor who I asked if he heard me say this and he said that he had not. I thought about filing a grievance on the one who reported me as saying that but thought I was too "new" to do that. My supervisor didn't want to hear what I had to say anyway. I just got accused of telling the doctor this anyway. Another time, I was called in the office to be told I was "just not catching on." Another time I was called into the office to be told many of the other persons Mrs. ___ and Mrs. ___ had stated that I was hard of hearing. My supervisor said she knew I wasn't and that I just wouldn't listen to what I was being told. The third week and last two days of my employment I was told to go to an office by myself and read three policy and procedure manuals to see if I could get it. The last day of the third week I got fired for a mistake I almost made but was stopped by my mentor and had been signing out medication wrong before giving it. The last two days of reading the Policy and Procedure manuals, I read that I was being trained wrong and that the staff was not following their own policy and procedures. When I was terminated, my supervisor did NOT want to hear that information and just sent me home stating I needed to go back to my other job of 15 years. I applied for unemployment compensation of which I have been denied. I am appealing. Is there any case for hostile work environment. I was in misery the whole time I was there, just wanted to make it through the probationary period, and I needed a job. No one spoke to me unless it was to yell about something I needed to do. Everyone knew I was getting fired but me I guess and the girl who reported that I mouthed off to the doctor which I never would do. Does anyone out there have any advice? I am currently still unemployed and living on nothing.

No, what you have described is not a hostile workplace under the law.

What was the reason your UI was denied?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Fired for Misconduct? Reason for denial of UI

UI was denied because according to my employer I was fired for insubordination, defiance, and disobeying instructions. I have mailed an appeal letter already.

Comment

That's about all you can do.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

How to I unsubscribe to Forum?

Thanking you in advance.

Comment

Just log out.

Comment

Thanks I'll log out!!!!

Emancipation??? Never heard of teens wanting that and I am on the net much of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by heidirosen View Post
                Emancipation??? Never heard of teens wanting that and I am on the net much of the time.
                Then you're not looking in the right places. Although what this has to do with your original post, I am at a loss to even fathom.
                I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

They probably saw it in FlyinHawk's signature.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                    They probably saw it in FlyinHawk's signature.
                    Ah. Nobody has been able to figure out why I can't see signature lines.
                    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Really - you can't?? That's strange.
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                      X