This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texas Salary employee getting less pay due to doctor release

I wanted to know about this issue that my mom has. She got diagnosed with cancer and the doctor released her from work and she is only able to work about 4 hours 3 days a week now. She was a salary manager and now is getting paid by the hour is this right?

• DAW
    replied
    Assuming that FMLA is applicable, then there is a formal exception in the 29 CFR 541.602 rules that allows for only hours actually worked to be paid.

Leave a comment:

• avilro
    replied
    texas salary decrease

well she got diagnosed about 3 months ago and she has been getting paid salary till a few feeks ago. and the change is not permanent she is getting better

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Is she on FMLA? Is this going to be a permanent change?

Leave a comment:

• Texas709
    replied
    Maybe not right but probably correct...

Sorry to be flippant, but that's a favorite saying of my long time fishing partner.

If your Mom is unable to work more than limited part time (12 hours a week), the employer would be nuts to continue to pay her a full time managerial salary. Ergo, an hourly wage would probably be the best choice. What alternative would you expect to see?

My Mom had a metastatic cancer diagnosis a year and a half ago, and we thought she was a goner. She completed chemo a year ago, and is out today on her birthday playing 18 holes of tournament golf. I hope your Mom does as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X