This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severence pay after immediate layoff Texas

Is there any laws in reference to compensation after being layed off? Here is the deal i went to work today like normal and about 3:00 this afternoon my co worker was called into 011to call 3 more of us in and let us go also with no explanation. The crazy thing is it was the highest paid people in the plant. The electrical guy im the welder/maintenance guy and another the other maintenance guy and the die man i work in a aluminum excrusion plant. So now they have no maintence no electrical and no die corrector. The die corrector is the crazy one cause there are probably only 10 left in U.S. Anyway got carried away main reason i wrote this is cause i need to know if there is actual law that states mandatory compensation for being layed off

There are only three states where severance is ever required by law, and it is only in limited situations that those three states require it. Texas is not one of those states.

If WARN applied there might be a requirement of pay in lieu of notice (depending on circumstances) but based on what you have said WARN does not apply.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X