X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Rate Help Texas

Hello,

I am a pharmacist working in a Texas mail order pharmacy. One of the things our managers monitor is our prescription rates....how many prescriptions we process per hour.

Of course, pharmacy is a profession with absolutely no room for error so we always have to find the right balance of speed vs. accuracy. The faster you go, the greater the chance to miss something and ultimately the greater the chance of an error.

My rates are a little on the lower side and I was asked to get them up. I tried but I started committing errors that went out to the patient. So I slowed down to a pace I'm comfortable with, but it's not fast enough for my employer. I met with my supervisor today and she said if I don't get them up they'll have to start writing me up. I don't want to go faster because I'm afraid I will make a mistake and as far as I'm concerned the patient's well being is more important than the company's rate requirement.

Is it legal to discipline a person on a rate given my line of work? I am a great employee other than the rate issue.....never late, never call in, accuracy is perfect since my last error when I decided to slow down, etc.

Thanks.

Since there is no law prohibiting an employer from writing up an employee based on their rate of work, yes, it is legal. Whether it is smart or not is a separate issue. But no laws require employers to be smart, either.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X