This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute of police promotion test / civil service Texas

My husband is a police officer in a city in Texas (civil service) and participated in a promotional test in which he came in second. The officer that came in first doesn't meet the eligibility requirements and therefore can not be promoted (no problem here), so the city guidelines say the next one in line (my husband) should get the position. So far so good ).

Now here is the problem:
    Eleven officers tested, two challenged the questions of the test and hold the promotion up. One of them says, he only did it to get the right answers, so he can do better on the next test, but I believe they just do it, to try to outscore my husband by "whining" about the questions they got wrong....
    However, according to guidelines, these two officers have the right to dispute the questions and it will go soon in front of the civil service commission. Now my questions:

If these two officers get credit for an apparently wage question, must credit be given to everybody who had the question wrong as well or only to the officer that disputed it ?
    In this case, the people that got the question right, would be punished for having it right, so will they also be given credit of any kind ?

If one of the two officers, that disputed the test-questions, now has, because of the dispute more points than my husband and overtakes him on the list, will my husband have the chance to dispute this as well ?

What do you recommend we should do right now ?

The city has no clue about anything and even human resources has no idea how this should be worked out and has no guidelines for it, accept having it going in front of the civil service commission etc. but nobody seems to know what they are doing, if anything ....

I appreciate your time )

Thank you )
Working...
X