This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hostile work environment Texas

I am a civilian working for law enforcement and I have just learned that one of my coworker would intentionally go to the deputies and officers whom i dispatch for and try to get me fired but having them launch complaints after complaints about me to my supervisor. I since left the shift which those individuals are still working but I am dreading going back because its time to switch shift again and i am terrified of going back to working with that individual ..please help me i just stated this job about 6 months ago now and need to know what i can do about this hostile environment thanks

First, report it to the supervisor.

Second, it isn't a hostile work environment if the accusations are true. In other words, is she asking the deputies to merely report bad behavior? Or to make stuff up.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

This may help you to better understand how a hostile workplace is legally defined:

Hostile work environment harassment occurs when unwelcome comments or conduct based on sex, race or other legally protected characteristics unreasonably interferes with an employee’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Anyone in the workplace might commit this type of harassment – a management official, co-worker, or non-employee, such as a contractor, vendor or guest. The victim can be anyone affected by the conduct, not just the individual at whom the offensive conduct is directed.

The anti-discrimination statutes are not a general civility code. Thus, federal law does not prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not extremely serious. Rather, the conduct must be so objectively offensive as to alter the conditions of the individual’s employment. The conditions of employment are altered only if the harassment culminates in a tangible employment action or is sufficiently severe or pervasive to create a hostile work environment.
      -----------------------------------------
      98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both.

Comment

In other words, what you describe does not meet the legal definition of a hostile work environment.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X