This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exempt hour laws

I am new to this site so forgive me if these questions have been asked before. But let me get to the questions; my first question is my wife is a supervisors here in Texas and recently because of the errors that Her bosses have created with the new hours they have been told that they must work a minimum of 55 hrs. per wk. With that said are they entitled to comp. time if they have received it in the past years and/or is she entitled to overtime pay? They (the whole entire dept.) have been threatened with getting fired when questions arrive, for instance ("if your job depends on it and it may" ) this is just some of the quotes they have used.
    Hoping for resolution.
    Last edited by magicmike; 05-17-2006, 09:18 AM.

We would have no idea without knowing exactly what her duties are; the job title is irrelevant. Some "supervisors" can be exempt, some don't qualify. See here: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian...a_overview.htm

Now, if she doesn't qualify as exempt, she can file a claim for unpaid overtime with the TWC. If she does meet the criteria for exempt status, "comp time" can be rescinded at any time, since it is not legally required and is really a "gift".
    Last edited by Pattymd; 05-17-2006, 09:51 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X