Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere Power Products In Greeneville,tn Unfair Practices,discrmination,slander?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Deere Power Products In Greeneville,tn Unfair Practices,discrmination,slander?

My girlfriend recently got a job At The John Deere Plant,but while in training she was fired.She was hired through a temporary agency.She had worked For this agency bfore.They had documented that she was teminated no reason was specified and they rehired her.The actual reason for her termination was that she was aked to take a drug test,if she failed she would be fired and it would be documented that she had been fired for failing a drug test.If she wanted to just quit then all they would document is that she quit and nothing else.So in the interest of her future employment,she quit.If It Was Documented That She Failed A Drug Test(and She Knew That She Would)the temporary agency would be able to tell other employers that she had failed a drug test.For whatever reason they simply had just that she was terminated,so she was rehired and began orientation.But the woman handling the orientation recognized her,she just happens to also be the manager over the human resources department at John Deere.this is where things get complicated.when my girlfriend worked there before she was married to a superviser.there marriage did not go too Well and ended on not so good terms.The woman that recognized her her happened to be a close friend of her ex-husband,she knew everything that had happened in there marriage and at the job previously and of course fired her.Even her ex,that hates her,said it was wrong and should not have been done.Is there anything that anyone knows that can be done?Any law that I can use or anything?This is very unfair.Since this happened they have also Approached me about some charges against me and told me that if I was guilty that they would fire me.But another person there has the same charges in the same case with me but they said noting to him,just me.Is there a basis for anything here?Her mom was told that they had not made the connection between the two(meaning they did not know that she was her mother)was told to keep quiet or lose her job.I would love to find out that some law has been violated,Any Law!Thanks For Any And All Help
    Last edited by pharmaecopia; 12-02-2005, 09:31 PM.

Please repost your question using standard capitalization and punctuation (i.e., don't capitalize every single word). Your post is too hard to read as it stands.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Spherion/John Deere Power Products Greeneville, TN

My husband and I were also working at John Deere through Spherion. When my husband first got hired he failed his drug test. They brought it up to his supervisor and he didn't get fired. They even called him back for a second season. My Dad's girlfriend was our Spherion supervisor. I'll just call her Sammy Aws, anyone who has worked there in a couple years know who I'm talking about. Sammy sold us her car. We made the payments for 7 months, and we ran into financial difficulty. No jobs. We started back at John Deere in November. I told her then it would be a little while like the end of January before we could catch up. She got so mad, she came up to me while we were working and called my husband an SOB. I was shocked and upset. We mistakenly went to John Deere Human Resources, since the comment was made by my supervisor and she was Spherion. We don't have direct access to Spherion HR, you have to call the manager of Spherion, or talk to her direct supervisor who was out at the time. Sammy was worried about losing her job so she tried to bribe us. She said if we would just let it go and put in our two week notice we could have the car free and clear. The next day after the investigation we were let go. Fired for reporting a supervisor of harrassment. We didn't even want her to get fired, and asked if she would apologize and maybe get some anger management that would be fine. Now she is taking us to Court to take the car back. She took our jobs, car, and pretty much my family. They listen to her, she could say the sky is green and I could say it's blue, but they would call me a liar. I wouldn't work for Spherion again if they begged, even if she didn't still work for them. She has been looking for another job.

Comment

Did you have a legal question or were you just venting? Also, I recommend you edit your post to remove the company name.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

They did nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, Tennessee is a "Right to Work" state, therefore they can fire you at any time unless it violates federal law regarding discrimination. If you come to work one day and they don't like your haircut they can fire you, if they think you are ugly they can fire you. If your name is Bob and they don't like people named Bob...they can fire you. Unless you have a contract stating otherwise employers can fire you for eny reason they wish or without reason at all in Tennessee. On the flip side of that, employees have the right at anytime to say "Take your job and shove it, I ain't workin' here no more!" and there is nothing the employer can do about it.

Comment

Dan, please be mindful of the dates on various posts, this post was started almost 5 years ago, and hasn't been posted to in two years (tomorrow).
            Last edited by CatBert; 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM. Reason: Adding length of inactivity
            Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that "right to work" means you cannot be forced to join a union to get work.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
              X