This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forced overtime

I need to know if there is a law that can allow my employer to force me to work overtime and to make me give up one of my regular days off, because they are short handed? At least that is what they are saying, That they can't Hire anyone else right now. So they are telling us that we have to give up one of our days off to work the overtime, and I know that I can't handle it due to my health.
    Last edited by Donna1952; 11-07-2005, 01:51 PM.

[QUOTE=Donna1952]I need to know if there is a law that can allow my employer to force me to work overtime and to make me give up one of my regular days off, because they are short handed? At least that is what they are saying, That they can't Hire anyone else right now. So they are telling us that we have to give up one of our days off to work the overtime, and I know that I can't handle it due to my health.

Comment

It's not that there is a law that gives an employer permission to force you to work overtime; it's that there is no law prohibiting them from doing so.

With VERY few exceptions, your employer is free to require you to work as many hours as they require.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X