Two Week Notice Question Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Week Notice Question Tennessee

If I turn my two week notice into my employer and they decide that my last day is the day I turn the notice in are they required to pay my wages for the two weeks I was willing to work?

No, they are not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You can sometimes get unemployment ins. for the notice period but most states have a 1 week waiting period. If you're starting a new job, see if you can start early.

cbg's answer to your actual question is correct.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Verified & Tn. does have a 1 week waiting period for UI payments.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X