X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna2
    started a topic Show Up pay Tennessee

Show Up pay Tennessee

Is there such thing as "Show up pay" or minimum hours pay in Tennessee?
    If an employee came in for an 8 hour shift and had to leave after an hour or two, would he/she have to be paid for a minimum amount of hours?

Is there a law, either Federal, State, or Fair labor law that requires some kind of Show up pay?

• Donna2
    replied
    Show Up pay Tennessee

All of you have answered this very clearly for me. Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    My Guide to State Payroll Laws does not list TN as having a minimum reporting pay requirement.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Tennessee has no reporting pay requirement.

Additionally, the way you have worded the question suggests that the employee found it necessary to leave, not that the employee was sent home. If that is the case, in NO state is here any kind of reporting pay provision. Reporting pay, in the few states where it exists, is due SOLELY when the employee reports for work but is not allowed to work, NOT when the employee leaves of their own accord.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    I can give you half of an answer. There is no federal requirement. "Show up" or "reporting time" is strictly a state issue, and I have only heard of a small number of states that have such a requirement. I have not heard of TN being such a state, but I would not consider that to be conclusive one way or the other. Perhaps another responder would have better information.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X