X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyL
    started a topic Three day lay off Tennessee

Three day lay off Tennessee

Can one be laid off because they did not catch others in their mistakes and therefore the job was done wrong.

I performed a job from a previous data sheet. The previous employee did not completely fill out his data from months back. This same job comes in again and I perform a task given by data he wrote down. However,I will say that if I had seen other data on this sheet in an area where I'm normally not concerned with I might have caught the screw up. That was the reason I was told of being laid off for three days is because I could have prevented a mess up. Sorry for my ramblings.

• Pattymd
    replied
    Just wanted to check, as there are only limited situations under which exempt employees may receive unpaid suspensions. There are no such limitations for nonexempt.

Wish it were warm enough here to golf.

Leave a comment:

• RustyL
    replied
    Yes it is unpaid and i'm hourly. I guess I'll golf for the next threee days....

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
    Yes, you can. While it may or may not have been fair, there are no laws prohibiting it.

I take it this was an unpaid suspension? Are you exempt or nonexempt (generally speaking, paid via salary or hourly-paid)?

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Yes, you can. While it may or may not have been fair, there are no laws prohibiting it.

I take it this was an unpaid suspension? Are you exempt or nonexempt (generally speaking, paid via salary or hourly-paid)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X