This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours worked Tennessee

How many consecutive hours worked does one have to work? My boss thinks working over 16 hours plus is ok. Seems to me OSHA would have some kind of say in this in order for one to be safe at work for those working kind of hours.

You can be required to work as many hrs. as your boss tells you to. If you don't, you can be disciplined up to & including being fired. There are exceptions in some occupations (ie some nurses, airline pilots). You didn't mention your occupation.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I work in a repair facility. I rewind and rebuild electrical motors..etc..

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      You can be required to work as many hrs. as your boss tells you to. If you don't, you can be disciplined up to & including being fired. There are exceptions in some occupations (ie some nurses, airline pilots). You didn't mention your occupation.

Comment

I'm afraid you're not one of the few exceptions - you have to work the hrs. you employer requests you to. Sorry.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X