This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely confused in TN Tennessee

I recently worked for a cell phone company for one year and always met and exceeded every sales goal. I had been told time after time how well I was doing and even was scheduled to attend management training in two weeks. I have never had any problems with my manager or complaints from a customer or coworker. I have had nothing but praise.

Last week I was asked about a few sales as commissions were being completed for the month. I explained what I had done and was corrected. I tried to explain myself considering I had completed the same type of sale the whole time I was employed there. I obviously annoyed my manager who was having a very bad day. I was not confrontational at all. The manager had to leave early and was obviously flustered with me as she walked out. I followed her and apologized for getting to her but not understanding why I did. My apology was not accepted.

The next day as I stepped in to work I was met at the door and told I had been fired. I was also informed that two of my coworkers had written complaints about me so I would know I had no leg to stand on if I tried to fight the situation. I left obviously upset.

Doesn't it seem like there is something that could be done since the coworkers were obviously coerced into writing out complaints about me? One or them had just started and we barely got to know each other much less had issues.

I am at a loss here.

You can be terminated at any time for any reason not prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender) or unless you had a bona fide employment contract or CBA to the contrary. It's just like you could have quit your job at any time for any reason w/o a contract to the contrary. That's at-will employment.

How do you know the co-workers were coerced into writing the complaints about you?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The two coworkers were not at work on Wednesday. I was fired first thing Thursday morning.

Comment

The co-workers having been out the day before the termination is not proof of coersion. They could have written the complaints weeks before and the incident with the manager was considered a "third strike".
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X