Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Carolina - Doctors Note required for 1 sick day for Part-time employees?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina - Doctors Note required for 1 sick day for Part-time employees?

I work 20 hours a week a national beauty supply chain. I had to have this past friday off, from being sick as a dog. I was throwing up and could barely stand up without feeling nauseated. I called out of work and my manager told me to bring a doctor's note when I come back to work.
    I didn't see a doctor on friday, when I called out it was 2pm in the afternoon, my shift started at 4:30pm. I could barely stand up without getting sick and I didn't have anyone to drive me to the doctor.

So, what I want to know is a doctor note really required for part-time employees in South Carolina?
    Like I said before, I didn't go to the doctor, therefor, I don't have a doctor's excuse.

With limited exceptions that do not apply here, this is not a matter that the law takes an issue in. If your boss says you need a doctor's note, you need a doctor's note. The law does not care one way or the other except when FMLA is involved, which is not the case here.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X