NDA Restricting the use of contacts developed while employed South Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDA Restricting the use of contacts developed while employed South Carolina

My former employer (Company A) is claiming that I am in violation of the NDA that we had in place because I have tried to get work from one of their customers (Company B) using contacts that I developed while employed by them. I have started my own consulting business and am trying to establish a customer base.

In my NDA with a former employer, I haven't found anything that bars me from using contacts that I developed while employed at Company A. Can NDAs keep me from going out on my own and getting business from their customers using contacts that I developed while being employed there?

The best thing you can do is consult a lawyer. Take the document with you (the entire document) and ask the lawyer's opinion.

Comment

This is way beyond what a message board can help you with. Take the NDA with you to a lawyer as advised and be clear about exactly what it is you are trying to do and how you are planning to do it. A NDA may not be the only thing stopping you. This is especially true if you are in a competing business and offering the same services your former employer provides.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Any time a contract or agreement is involved, your best bet is to always take it to an attorney (in this case probably an employment or contract attorney) for his/her opinion & advice.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

As a colleague on another board is wont to say, I can't read your NDA from where I'm sitting. So, as indicated above, your best bet is to take it to someone who can.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

A lot of times the devil is in the details or fine print - let a lawyer review agreement.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X