This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Time (RI)

I gave me notice and had a scheduled vacation week, in which I was asked to work 3 half days of work. In our policy vacation days can't be taken in increments of less then 8 hours. My question is should I be paid for 3 days work and then also receive my 3 vacation days, since I had to come in for that time. Almost forgot this is a salaried position. Thoughts..
    Thanks

Salaried is not the issue. Exempt or nonexempt is. Do you know which you are?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Exempt Status

Comment

Then you cannot be docked your pay since you worked a portion of the week. Now, if they choose to offset your salary vacation balance for 3 days instead of 3 half-days, they could legally do that, although I agree that, since they are the ones who asked you to come in on vacation, it would be petty of them to do so.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X