This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Rhode Island

How does a salaried sales employee who is on a salaried job provide evidence in a hearing that he was working if he is unable to contact customers he may of visited for proof? This is because they are now no longer his customers and belong to the company he was terminated from because of job abondonment. The employer admitted they never even called to see if he was working on the days. The employer was unable to show proof that no work was performed on said days. What type of documented proof is considered sufficient proof to satisfy law of working in the employers best interest and would be available without contacting customers. Is a copy of the days calendar Including time spent reading professional development manuals sufficient.

Thanks in Advance,

Mister

Are you inquiring in the context of an unemployment claim and/or hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by rjc View Post
      Are you inquiring in the context of an unemployment claim and/or hearing?
      Yes Please.

Mister

Comment

So, were you disqualified and have now requested a hearing or is your employer appealing the decision to award you benefits?

Comment

Thanks for the follow up.

Yes this is for a hearing that I need to get the proof of work submitted by the end of the week.

Thanks

Mister

Comment

I don't think you answered rjc's question.

Which of the following is true:

1.) You were disqualified for benefits and are appealing

OR

2.) You were awarded benefits and your employer is appealing?
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

cbg is correct. I will be happy to offer more substantive advice and opinion, but in order to give the best advice it will be helpful if I have as clear an understanding as possible of where you are in the process.

Comment

This is for me being denied benefits and I requested the hearing. I had the hearing and it has been delayed by the referee to give me time to furnish proof i worked on those days.

Thanks,

Mister

Comment

And what was the reason that DLT denied you benefits? Voluntary quit based upon job abandonment?

Did you actually have a hearing that was continued to allow you to obtain this additional information or was it postponed to allow you to do so?

Comment

Working...
                  X