Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part is that I don't try to use the cliches, they just come out.

I sometimes give trainings on the products I now sell to the retail industry. Part of my training is always a translation piece (as a way to break the ice)...

That dog won't hunt ....... I think we can come up with a better idea
    Putting lipstick on a pig won't make it a prom queen..... speaking about a bad idea in a very good way still makes it a bad idea.
    Thirsty enough to make a tree beg for a dog... Boy, I would like a drink of water
    I would jump on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich... I really like that idea.
    You're licking the outlet again hoping for healing.... maybe you should seek the aid of a qualified mental health professional rather than trying to fix it yourself

Give me time, I am sure I have more...
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Those are really, really funny.

I hope your accent does not get in the way.

Once, while in the military, we were told to pull out our manual and make a correction. The instructor, from the Deep South, said something about a "Heel" and that the altitude on it was incorrect. It took me a minute to figure out that he meant a hill and not a heel (which I could find nowhere on the map).

Where in the South are you?

My wife grew up in North Carolina (but is a "brat" and not a native).
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

I didn't learn "you don't have a dog in this fight" until I lived in Texas.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X