This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Weeks Notice

I recently submitted a letter of resignation to my employer. During this process they asked me if I was going to continue for the 2 weeks. I said I would if they wanted me to, but wasn't under the impression that would be the case. They told me I could leave after transitioning accounts and clearing out my desk (this only took an hour or so). I read on another posting that PA Law does not require them to pay me for those notice weeks if I did not work them. Is that true?

Even if that is the case the employee handbook states they will pay out 2 weeks notice. My paycheck has come and they did not. Are they obligated to by law since it is committed in the handbook? Another employee I used to work with said they were talking about changing the policy, but no paper ammendment was issued prior to my departure.

Thank you.

Yes, it is true that NO state requires you be paid out any notice period if the employer decides to accept your resignation immediately.

Employee handbooks very seldom rise to the level of a bona fide contract, and it would be rare if yours were so tightly written as to do so.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X