This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied Unemployment-PA

Hello, is there anyone here that could tell me whether or not I can take a temporary position and re-apply for unemployment after being denied? Thanks

You would have to contact the state unemployment commission and ask. I don't think any of the responders here are familiar enough with the specific requirements of your state to give you a definitive answer.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Based on what you have posted, I'd say no. But it would be extremely situation-specific. If you didn't qualify before, you're not likely going to qualify because of taking a temporary position.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Denied Uc benefits in Pa!!!

Well according to PA Law if you take a job with a Temp agency even if you are eligible for UC benefits you kind of obligate yourself to that job until it ends. Even after the temp assignment ends you can only go back to collect on your benefits if:
        They dont have another assignment available for you but heres where it gets tricky! If you turn down any assignment that they give you (even if it isnt something that you necessarilly want to do) or dont let the temp agency know that you are still available for work then you automatically disqualify yourself from being able to collect on unemployment even if you were elgible for UC benefits!!!

Comment

Working...
        X