Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployment compensation for resigning position to be a stay-at-home mom in PA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment compensation for resigning position to be a stay-at-home mom in PA?

I have heard conflicting information and want to know -- can I receive unemployment compensation for deciding to stay home with my 5 month old infant? I resigned my position about 2 months ago. I live and worked in Pennsylvania. Thanks so much.

No, you cannot.

Unemployment compensation is for those who lose their job through no fault of their own. Resigning to stay home with the baby does not even remotely meet that definition.

NO state would grant UI in that situation.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Uhhhhh No!

You left the job willingly, no you can not collect unemployment to willingly stay home and raise your child, if you could we'd all do it.

Comment

No, it is not likely you will get unemployment benefits for doing that, but congratulations for making the right move! Children deserve to have at least one parent around most of the time and not be abandoned to some daycare center or a television screen.

I know it won't help with the bills, but you made a good choice.
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Working...
        X