This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Clocks

I work for a public school district in PA and starting with this new school year, some of us are required to punch a time clock. Is this legal to require only some employees to punch and not others (the boss' son is one who does not have to)?
    Is there any leeway allowed without penalties? Such as punching in 5 minutes late in the morning or out 5 minutes early in the afternoon?
    We feel this is a form of harassment since it does not pertain to all employees. What are our options, if any?
    Thank you!

This is not legal harrassment. It is perfectly legal for the employer to require some employees to use the clock and some not. And the employer does not have to allow any grace period, or rounding of time, if they don't choose to.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty means, this is not ILlegal harassment.

In fact, it is not harassment at all.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Oops. How about "harrassment in the legal sense of the term"?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you Patty.

Comment

Working...
          X