This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA hold pay question

My step father works as a bus driver for a school district in PA. They will be holding 2 weeks pay until he terminates employment with them. This includes all employees in the school district. Is this legal?

Thank you for your time.
    Thank you for your time

No it is not. However, many new employees misunderstand and think that the employer is "holding pay" when in reality, it is merely that the employee is paid in arrears.

Is he a new employee? When did he start, what is the first pay period ending date and when is the first paycheck due?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

He is not a new employee. He has been employed for about 2 years now. Starting date for this year is tomorrow. His first pay check would have been in two weeks; however, it is now 4 weeks and he will be paid for only 2 weeks at that time.
      Thank you for your time

Comment

It looks like they have specified the pay date at 2 weeks after the end of the pay period. According to PA wage and hour law, such pay date may be as long as 15 days after the end of the pay period. So they are not in violation.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you very much for your time.
          Thank you for your time

Comment

And Deb, thank you for thanking me. It doesn't happen very much around here.

Comment

Working...
            X