Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Breaks Pennsylvania

Hi,

I was recently told that a number of my co-workers were asked to sign a documentation that stated that they were not allowed to use the restrooms during their work shift. Is this legal in the state of PA?

Thank you

It is not legal in any state. OSHA, which is Federal, requires "adequate time" to use the restroom. There is no specific definition of "adequate" but "none" is certainly not within any general definition.

I can't offhand recall the name of the case law, but if no one else does either I'll see if I can find it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Here is some info on OSHA's bathroom break rules.

http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/sa...oom-rules.aspx
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X