X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spottruss
    started a topic Hostile work enviroment Pennsylvania

Hostile work enviroment Pennsylvania

I have worked in the same nursing home for 18 years. The past 7 months i have had to sit in an office with two coworkers who are in the "group" I am not in the group. I have been disciplined for things that i have proof that my supervisor in the office has been doing the same thing. i have had to sit in that office while they male statements like "something in here smells like cat pee" and then have to hear them laugh. Or other comments like someone really needs to go and get some new work clothes and then laugh. Now my hour have been abruptly changed after working these same hours for seven years. i have gone to the dr for medicine for my nerves since i cannot do the job under those circumstances I have gotten FMLA paperwork but i know there will then be comments about that after they find out that i have filed the request. I just want out of there so i don't go crazy. Can i collect UC benefits while looking for another job?

• Betty3
    replied
    Please watch the dates on the threads. This thread was started 2-2011 &
    answered 2-2011.

Leave a comment:

• RRPayroll
    replied
    Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
    No, that's not the definition of hostile work environment. You should ask your doctor if your anxiety is due to work conditions and whether it would qualify for worker's comp?
    Agreed. I don't know how successful you'll be in that claim, but it is your only avenue. If you just stop showing up because you "can't handle it", then they can fire you with cause - thus killing almost any chance of getting UI.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Per Pledger's profile page, it seems they have now been banned by one of the
    moderators or admin.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Pledger, I don't know if your post was a reply to this thread from 2-2011 started
    by another poster or if you had a new question of your own. If you have a new
    question, please start your own new thread instead of adding to this thread.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Pledger, this site prefers that you not list specific employee or company names. I've had to delete your post because of the numerous corporate names you list. You are free to repost without the names of the specific companies.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    A hostile work environment exists when you are being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination under Title VII and related laws (race, religion, national origin etc.). It has nothing to do with unpleasant co-workers.

Leave a comment:

• Alice Dodd
    replied
    No, that's not the definition of hostile work environment. You should ask your doctor if your anxiety is due to work conditions and whether it would qualify for worker's comp?

Leave a comment:

• spottruss
    replied
    is it a hostile working environment when your coworkers sit in front of you and insinuate that you smell like cat pee just to try to get you to become upset and discipline you for the same things they are doing?

Leave a comment:

• spottruss
    replied
    What if they fire me for not showing up for work due to the fact that i am unable to tolerate the mistreatment. I am not lying about the anxiety i feel. Is anxiety covered under the ADA

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    You generally can't receive unemployment ins. if you quit & you have to be ready,
    willing & able to work.

hostile work environment:
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-ho...nvironment.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X