This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 401k documentation

I have been really jerked around by my brother in a family business and had to leave. I haven't received my final pay-stub or any of the quarterly reports or other correspondences from my 401k. Is the company required by law to forward those types of things in a timely fashion?

As regards your final pay stub, have you received the pay and not the stub? Or have you not been paid at all?

401K plans are governed by the plan document. Terminations are not normally transmitted to the third party administrator (I'm assuming there is one) immediately. How long ago did you terminate your employment? You had been getting quarterly statements on a regular basis prior to this?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yes I had been getting regular statements and employment was terminated at the end of January 2010. I have received final pay, just not the pay stub, and that isn't really all that important just another thing that bothers me about the whole situation.

Comment

Well, Pennsylvania does require a statement of deductions and you can file a complaint with the state Dept. of Labor and Industry, but realistically, it will go to the bottom of the pile, since you have received your pay, and the company probably won't get any more than a slap on the wrist and a "don't do that anymore".

Do you have contact information for the administrator of the 401K plan? Do you have a copy of the Summary Plan Document (the employer must provide one on request)? That will contain the rules for statements, getting the information from the TPA to cash out or rollover the funds, timing of such, etc.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Before you quit did you receive the quarterly report for the period ending 12/31/09?

If so then the next quarter end is 3/31/10. Since that was only a few weeks ago, perhaps the statements have not been sent yet.

On my plan when I make the biweekly contributions there is a box to check as to whether the contributions for the quarter are complete. Until I check the box the statements are not sent.

Comment

Working...
          X