This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced resignation and filing for UC benefits Pennsylvania

I collected UC benefits from the state of PA from February 2009-November 2009 after being laid off from a non profit organization that downsized. After all those months of searching, I finally found employment at another non-profit organization. I have been working in this field for over 10 years, and I have been fufilling my job requirements to the absolute best of my ability. Today I was told by my supervisor that I was a disappointment to her, and that I had the choice of either handing in my resignation or taking a demotion and a $4,000 a year pay cut. I obviously do not want to resign, but the supervisor knows that I am financially unable to stay with the company for much longer at that rate, and thus knows that I will be looking for new employment. My question is, if I opt to resign, what is the likelihood of being approved for UC benefits until I find new employment?

My recommendation...keep the job, while searching for different work. Unemployment benefits are most likely NOT going to pay you as much as the job.

Besides, some income is better than no income and that is the chance you are taking.

If your supervisor wishes to dismiss you, let her do just that. Then UI benefits are more likely, but again...UI can't be a great option.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Agree, don't resign. Your chances of getting UI benefits if you quit would not be good. Keep your current job while looking for other employment.

Good luck.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X